Saturday, October 3, 2009

Moonlight shining on me

Today is the moon cake festival which mean is the Lunar August and 15th day. On this day, usually the kids will take out their lantern and play, all of us will eat mooncake with tea. Sometimes, we will also eat pomelo which I love.

My friends were just laughing at the fact that I dislike all festival & actually I only like Mooncake festival. I will tell u all later in my future blogs why i dislike the other festive season since I will explain why I Mooncake festival. I guess maybe because I like moon, I love to eat mooncake and also I like to see the light from the lantern ? Besides, they always say there is a goddess staying inside the moon with a bunny. There was a very touching love story behind it hence to remember the moon, we celebrate this festival.

As I am a rabbit sign, they said if I pray to the moon on this day, I will be blessed with love. :) Last 3 years I have been praying but always found out later I was just praying to the reflection (LOL) since my block cant allow me to see the moon. BUT this year, I finally got to see the moon and pray to her....

In fact, I always talked to her as she know exactly how i feel and think.....dont think I am crazy but this is the way I always do...talk to the Goddess in the moon....hahahaha

What have I prayed for ??? hee hee secret lah cant tell u all ;P

4 comments:

  1. I must read more a lot about Mooncake Festival.Ö Do you have photos? Hope you had fun Carine. And oh -- it's your birthday month sweetheart. Weeee!Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carine! I'm a rabbit baby too!!
    I didn't get to eat lots of Mooncake this year - Far away from home.. But my best friends mommy made one for me! :D
    <3

    I remember the Moon Goddess Legend! I loved it as a child! :D This brings back so much memories!! remember our kiddy lanterns that uses the battery that produces LOUD musical song from the lantern? hehehehee.... :D Happy times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems to sweet <3
    I wish we had a festival like this in here,maybe one day i will be able to celebrate it there with you,hopefully.

    You,Cindy,me...all of us are rabbit girls <3
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didnt get a chance to go downstair to take photos and I didnt eat any mooncake this year....strange cos no one offer me free mooncake and I am too lazy to go buy the one that I love to eat :P

    ReplyDelete