Friday, September 18, 2009

Time traveler's wife

Its been a long time since I watched movie alone. The first time that I watched movie was when I was very very upset over my first ex bf. I remembered that feeling even till now how lonely it was to watch movie alone and since then, I have never watch any show alone.

However today, I suddenly feel like watching a movie alone again. So after the lunch with my friends, I took a bus to town to watch Time traveler's wife which my friends told me they read the book and the book is really good.

This time sitting in the cinema alone dont feel so bad anymore. In fact, I kind of like the feeling of doing something on my own for myself since i FEEL like it.

It is a romance abt this guy, Henry who can travel thru time falling in love with his wide Clare and how they went thru their marriage. It is a very touching movie and I must say I like this show. Somehow I feel that the actor only really get into the role later part of the movie but the actress is great. We can see the love right from the beginning.

However, this show create a stir of feeling within me when I watched it. Being able to travel thru time can be great. Imagine how many times in our life we always think that it will be great if we are back to the moment we wished we are. Back into someone's arm, back to the time that we are still in love, back to the time that we always have our memories flashback. But yet at the sametime, imagine we have to see how we lost the someone over and over again as well? Whenever we see the same situation and we try to prevent it a thousand time yet the fate remains unchanged. The question will then be ARE u able to go thru the pain over and over again ???

Perhaps someone...maybe yourself will tell u that even without time travelling, we ALLOW ourself to indulge in whatever we want to see, whatever we believe and allow ourselve to go thru the pain over and over again. Why do we do that ? Simply because we want to feel the love, we want to feel the moment that we are in love again. It is worth it ? Noone know the answer except you.

In the movie, other then Henry, I also thought abt Clare's feeling especially when the husband past away. She still kept the hope that he can travel back in time and with that hope in her, how is she going to survive the rest of her life ? To stay alone and just live with the past love and the hope that once in a while she get to see him and to hug which all of us do it every every single time ? Or to let go ?? so then she can finally get to hug someone in real and be really happy ? and not allow her feeling to fly high and drop every time he appear and disappear again ??

Well, I dont know what is right as love conquers everything in your heart. But watch the movie or read the book and think hard, perhaps then you can find the answer of what should u do.•.¸ .•´`♥

5 comments:

  1. How was it? I have not read the book. I have not seen the film.Ö You're a brave girl Carine because you can watch a movie alone. Was it scary? I wanna try to watch a movie alone one of these days :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie is good ! definitely worth watching. I will read the book and tell u how i feel later.
    I guess that day I was just in the mood to do something alone and I really enjoyed it. Walking around doing things slowly, ride on a bus, read my book, watch movie etc...I feel relax, feel comfortable. I never have this feeling before.

    Try it Russ, do it alone but maybe with a good movie. Do it when u feeling relax and maybe u enjoy it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never watched a movie alone,might as well try it one day,sounds like a good idea ;)

    And i want to see this movie too,but not sure if it's in our cinemas yet,have to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i read the book though Carine. I hve to say it is not my cup of tea. The plots are not very well woven and too many big words and acronyms used. Maybe the movie is way better. but maybe it's just me (:

    The last time I watched a movie alone i went for a movie marathon. sat through 3 movies in a row alone. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucia, watch it alone and tell me how u feel then :P

    Sunshine girl, oh is that so...i will try to get the book soon and tell u what I think but usually the book should be better than the movie. There are certain part that is dry too...I guess I like it is bec I was thinking so much thru the movie. I love it when I think over a movie or books. Oh brave girl, a movie marathon ??? i tried watching 2 movies at a time but is so damn tired.

    ReplyDelete